Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shoe Shopping

Ok, so for those of you who have been following us and/or have read previous posts, you might remember that we started exercising at the Wonju Tattoo sports grounds. We started playing Basketball and Badminton, and now we have started running as well! For anyone who knows us, this might seem a bit out of place, but its true.

Unfortunately for me, both the pairs of shoes that I brought with have the cushioning of a kimchi pot, and the need arose for me to get proper sports or running shoes. Also, with the first paycheck having just been cashed I figured why not, let me buy some shoes...

Not as easily done as it is said. In SA I could just pop down to the local Sportsman's Warehouse or Totalsports and buy a UK size 12 shoe. Let me just say, Koreans are a lot smaller than I am...

We made the mission to one of the bigger shopping outlets in Wonju, where there is along row of shoe store after shoe store after shoe store, everything from Nike to Adidas to New Balance to some local brands. We walked into the first store, picked a shoe and asked for it in my size...no.

Next store: Walk in, pick a shoe, ask for it in my size...no.

Next store: Walk in, pick a shoe, ask for it in my size...no. Ok. Ask for another shoe in my size...no.

Next store: Walk in, pick a shoe, ask for it in my size...no. Ok. Ask for another shoe in my size...no. Ok. Ask for ANY shoe in my size...no.

This is what it looked like for about an hour, until we found one shoe in the Adidas store that was half a size too small for me. Oh well, it's the best I was gonna get.

So I parted with my 79 000 Won and got my new pair of 1/2 size too small Adidas running shoes.

Sorted.

And because these shoes are so awesome, being the only pair in my size in the world (well, all the stores we went to, at least) I figured I would show you the awesomeness by showing you this picture of my shoe floating up in the clouds. It really did float...



Post by Oliver

0 comments:

Post a Comment